Saturday, March 17, 2012

Corn Salsa



"Chipotle" Corn Salsa

6 cups frozen whole kernel corn
2 poblano chilies
1/2 red onion
2 jalapenos
1/3 cup cilantro
1 TBSP lime juice
salt and pepper to taste

Defrost the corn in a bowl of cold water. Don't cook. Roast the poblano chilies. I did this by turning on one of my burners and placing the peppers directly on it. I gave it a quarter turn every few minutes, so each side got nice and charred. I took them off the heat and placed them in a ziploc bag, sealed it, and let them steam for about five minutes. I wanted the skins to soften a little. Drain the corn and place in a bowl. Dice the poblano chilies and add to the corn. Dice the red onion, jalapenos,and cilantro and add to mixture. Sprinkle in the lime juice and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment