Saturday, March 17, 2012

Cheesy Polenta

Let me tell you a little secret. I had never eaten polenta. I have heard people talk about it. I have heard how good it is. I have even cut out a few recipes for polenta, but I had never actually taken the time to make it, until now. How sad for me, that I have missed out on this deliciousness for almost thirty years. I made some a few nights ago for dinner. Oh my, I have a new friend and I plan to catch up on missed times! This was actually a component for another recipe, but let's be honest, this bowl never made it to the dinner table.

If you are like me, and have never tried polenta before, I hope you'll give it a try. This was simple to put together and required very little effort. The end result was creamy, cheesy, and delicious!



Cheesy Polenta
adapted from allrecipes.com

2 cups milk
2 cups water
1 tsp kosher salt
1 cup polenta
1/2 tsp pepper
4 TBSP unsalted butter
4 oz grated Parmesan Cheese

Bring milk, water, and salt to a boil. Gradually whisk in polenta. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let cook 18 minutes, stirring every few minutes to prevent sticking to the bottom of your pan. Remove from heat and stir in pepper, butter, and cheese until smooth and creamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment